Saturday, January 21, 2012

Yet Another Reason to Learn READING French

Jon Cogburn's Blog


In 2006 I actually made some progress towards learning French. For a while I was good enough to read political stories in Newspapers and not to do too horribly with hotel staff and restaurants.
But after my kids were born I had to cut out a number of things (don't regret it for a second!). But now that Thomas is 4 and Audrey is 2 they are a little bit more self-sustaining, and I can actually work on stuff while watching them. So I realized for this year's resolution I could commit to something that would take advantage of the new time.
For the last few weeks I've been unclear what this would be, but today it was immediately clear after I discovered THIS AWESOME WEB SITE, which is organized by a research group   at École Normale Supérieure.
[...]
I'm completely hyped about this, and I really do think (without sacrificing writing) that within a year and a half I can get my French good enough to read the materials on the web site. 
Anyhow that's my New Years Resolution.